The purpose of AFEES is to encourage airmen who were aided by Resistance organizations or patriotic nationals of foreign countries to continue friendships with those who helped them. AFEES had its first reunion in Niagara Falls, NY in 1964. Over the years, hundreds of evaders, helpers, family members, and friends have gathered each year to commemorate, remember, and honor all those who were involved in escaping and evading-–both the escapers and the thousands of brave, ordinary people in occupied countries who took extraordinary risks at huge cost to help these airmen.
YouTube Videos About AFEES
- Air Forces Escape and Evasion Society
- Evade! The AFEES History
- Evade! The Ralph Patton Escape and Evasion Collection
- For links to additional AFEES videos, click here.
Important Pages on This Website
- AFEES Membership – How to Join
- AFEES Member Stories Database
- AFEES New Website Features
- Annual Reunion of AFEES Members
- Archive of AFEES Newsletters with Stories of Escape and Evasion
- AFEES Newsletter Submissions
- Contents of Website
- Current Events
- Escape and Evasion Research
- Index to Evaders Referred to in Newsletter Stories. For names beginning with A to L, click here. For M to Z, click here.
- Index to Helpers of Airmen Referred to in Newsletter Stories
“We Will Never Forget!”
“Our organization perpetuates the close bond that exists between airmen forced down and the Resistance people who made our evasion possible at great risk to themselves and their families.” Larry Grauerholz
Table of Contents. To view the Table of Contents of this website, click here. Note that when you click on a page, the page heading in the display of page headings in upper part of the screen will be italicized and in red. For example, AFEES Contents of Website. That tells you that you are on the page that you intended to click on. Just scroll down to view the contents of the page.