Magazine and newspaper articles on WWII escape and evasion will be posted on this page as they come to the attention of the webmaster. When they appear on the Internet, a link will be included. Suggestions for additions to the list are welcome.
- Fleming, Thomas, “Deliver Us From Evil,” Reader’s Digest, August 1991, 115-119.
- Hubbell, John G., “Good Evening to the House of Alphonse,” Reader’s Digest (Canadian edition), September 1966, 32-39. About “Operation Bonaparte,” which was part of the Shelburne Line.
- Hughes, Paddy, “Great Escapes Rerun,” Sunday Express Magazine, Oct. 18, 1981, 22-26.
- Lynch, Adam, “The Hidden Freedom Trail,,” WWII History, November 2004.
- Lynch, Adam, “Top Secret: How Allied Airmen Evaded Capture,” Warfare History Network, http://warfarehistorynetwork.com/daily/wwii/top-secret-how-allied-airmen-evaded-capture/, December 3, 2015.
- Martin, Fletcher, “Survivors of Wartime Escape Route Reunited,” The Times, October 23, 2000. http://home.clara.net/clinchy/neeball.htm .
- McDevitt, Betty, “Tiny Mulder: Teenage World War II Resistance Heroine,” World War II, November, 2003. http://www.historynet.com/tiny-mulder-teenage-world-war-ii-resistance-heroine.htm
- Pitchfork, Graham, “Le réseau d’Andree de Jongh, La voie belge vers la liberté,” Le Fana de l’Aviation, September 2005, pp. 34-39.
- Price, Earl, “Saludo a la Bandera, the story of a wartime escape,” Sentinel, magazine of the Canadian Forces. (In two parts. Part 1 date not determined. Part 2 June 1972, vol. 8, no. 6.)
- Rafferty, Jean, “The Last of the Line,” The Sunday Times Magazine, June 11, 1989, 21-27.
- Shute, Joe, “The Secrets of the Second World War Comet Line Revealed,”
The Telegraph, March 14, 2013, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/world-war-two/9930526/The-secrets-of-the-Second-World-War-Comet-Line-are-revealed.html .
- Vecsey, George, “Cosmic Questions on a Journey of Discovery,” Sports of The Times, June 9, 2006. http://home.clara.net/clinchy/neeball.htm